The mission of SCI is to protect the freedom to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation worldwide while its purposes are as follows:
- To advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters;
- To promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and related activities.
- Engage in advocacy within the limits imposed by law and regulation, to monitor, support, educate or otherwise take positions on local, national and international legislative, executive, judicial or organizational endeavors that foster and support these purposes and objectives.
- To inform and educate the public concerning hunting and related activities.
- To conduct those purposes set forth in SCI’s Articles of Incorporation