Welcome to SCI Lehigh Valley Chapter
THE SCI MISSION & PURPOSE
The mission of SCI is to protect the freedom to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation worldwide while its purposes are as follows:
- To advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters;
- To promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and related activities.
- Engage in advocacy within the limits imposed by law and regulation, to monitor, support, educate or otherwise take positions on local, national and international legislative, executive, judicial or organizational endeavors that foster and support these purposes and objectives.
- To inform and educate the public concerning hunting and related activities.
- To conduct those purposes set forth in SCI’s Articles of Incorporation
SCI HUNTER’S CODE OF ETHICS
Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
- To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems.
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife.
- To comply with all game law, in the spirit of fair chase, and to influence my companions accordingly.
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers.
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of this code of ethics.
- To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.